Reiki not only treats the symptoms but also aids in self-healing abilities & balance body’s chemistry, boosting the immune system.
Our body is composed not only of physical elements such as muscles, bones, nerves, arteries, organs, glands, etc it also has a subtle energy system through which ‘life force energy’ flows. This energy system is composed of energy ‘bodies’ which surround our physical body. The energy bodies have energy centres called chakras, which work somewhat like valves that allow life force to circulate through the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies. We also have energy meridians and nadis. These are like rivers or streams which carry our life force energy throughout our physical body, to nourish us and assist in balancing our body’s systems and functions. More people are beginning to seek natural treatments to reduce stress & improve mental and physical capability without the use of medication.
Stress, Anxiety & Depression
One thing that disrupts and weakens the flow of ‘life force energy’ is stress. Stress is often caused by conflicting thoughts and feelings that get lodged in our energy system. These include fear, worry, doubt, anger, anxiety, etc. Medical research has determined that continual stress can block the body’s natural ability to repair, regenerate and protect itself. The American Institute of Stress estimates that 75%-95% of all visits to doctors are the results of reaction to stress. The effects of unreleased stress range from minor aches to major health concerns, such as heart disease, digestive disorders, respiratory and skin problems.
Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress but when it becomes an excessive fear or worry of everyday situations it is a concern. Common symptoms of anxiety include fatigue, headaches, muscle tension, muscle aches, trembling, twitching, irritability and sweating. Anxiety can affect every area of life, including work, family and relationships.
The common symptoms of depression include insomnia, fatigue, lack of interest, sadness, anger and suicidal thoughts.
Conventional treatment for stress, depression and anxiety usually includes anti depressant medication which might help with symptoms but can also have unwanted side effects and does not address the root cause of depression.
Reiki not only treats the symptoms but also aids in self-healing abilities & balance body’s chemistry, boosting the immune system. Reiki therapy is extremely gentle yet powerful. Sessions are non-invasive and do not require discussion of emotional issues, traumas or the past. A Reiki session only requires the person receiving Reiki to lie down and rest. It often clears the mind and leaves a sense of peace, hope and optimism.
Reiki can be a wise first step in any treatment plan. As anxiety and pain lessen, and people feel hopeful about regaining their health. Reiki can improve the results of all medical treatment, acting to reduce negative side effects, shorten healing time, reduce or eliminate pain, reduce stress, and help create optimism.
Addictions & Alcoholism
Reiki can be of particular benefit to those recovering from an addiction:
• It is claimed that Reiki can make addiction withdrawal symptoms less severe.
• There can be a great deal of stress as the individual adapts to a life away from alcohol or drugs. The relaxation benefits of this technique can mean that people deal better with stresses of recovery. If people feel too overwhelmed they can be tempted to relapse so the ability to deal with stress is a must.
• Those individuals who have been involved in substance abuse for a long period will have great deal of physical and mental damage. This technique can help repair the damage and get the individual back on a path towards healthy living.
• It is usual for people in early stages of recovery to experience plenty of anger and resentment. These emotions are highly dangerous because they can lead back to addiction. Reiki may help them release these negative emotions.
• This type of healing can help people feel more comfortable in their own skin. This is particularly helpful for those individuals who are dealing with self-esteem issues